My first project was an giant ganny square afghan that fit a single bed.I don't remember who give me the wool to start this afghan, but I would work on it slowly. Which explains why it took me 15 years to finish. At one point I when started taking it me on the school bus to work on. The ride to school long and it give me a good 30 minutes twice a day to crochet. I did this so often that for christmas my bus driver Nancy give me 3 balls of wool. Over the years many people donated to that afghan. It was until after the birth of my son and well into his second year of life did I finish this afghan.
Up until the birth of my son I didn't know how to read any form of patterns. One day while shopping with my husband I found beautiful doily pattern. So I bought the pattern, hook, and the crochet cotton to make it. Once home and a fre minute I sat down with new project to find I couldn't understand a word of it. By this time my dad & mom had moved into a seriors building, I had mention to my mom that I couldn't read a pattern. After while on one of my visits to her she handed me a VHS tape and a few sheets of papers. The VHS was a tutorial on how to crochet, how to read patterns by Annie's Attic, the sheets were the same thing just in writen form.
No comments:
Post a Comment