Friday, May 27, 2011

A Very Warm and Very Huge Ripple Afghan

     Last winter while sitting in the living room in the evening watching television and crocheting, I would find myself freezing. So with no current projects on the go I decided I was going to make a HUGE rippled afghan for myself to curl up under on cold winter nights, I decided to do it in double strand strips of black, purple and white, So I found the pattern I wanted, figured out the multiplier needed to increase the width of my afghan and set out to crochet. After doing the foundation row I started on row 1, well I was 6 feet across when I looked at what I had left to do in that row and OMG I still had about another 3 feet to go. I know I wanted a huge afghan but that was NUTS, so I finish that pattern multiplier section then finished to what would become the end of the row, and cut the rest off. So I did six rows of black, four rows of purple, 2 rows of white, then backward with colours, four purple and 6 black then purple and white. Well I go to the end of my second set of colours and run out of my purple and black.

    I headed off to Wal-mart to get more yarn for my afghan, while once I got there I found that there was no black or the purple I needed. I didn't panic was Christmas and all. Knowing that I would be back often for Christmas shopping I figured that I would just have to wait a bit. The wait lasted into the new year, but then I was only able to get my black yarn, so I grabbed six bags of my black, there was still no purple. By March I was starting to panic, I text a friend from my crochet group to see if she had any or to check around for me, then when talking to my sister I asked if she could check the Wal-mart near her (she lives in Ajax). By the middle of April still no purple yarn, so I then email a egroup that I'm in, put an ad up in Kijiji and phoned the company that makes the yarn. Well to make this short, the colour I need is a custom colour made only for Wal-mart and is no longer being made. OMG what am I to do now. About two weeks ago, a lady email me from my ad in Kijiji asking the colour of yarn I need as she may have it, but wasn't willing to go through all she wools looking for a lot number but knowing the colour would help in her search. So I'm now waiting to hear back from her as to if she has it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment