I'll never forget the morning I open my emails to find an email subjected "An Angel in a Box" post to the group from the lady I sent too. Sure it was an angel group and many of the emails were subject in that form about angels, but I knew it was the email I've been wait for from the lady. As everyone involved in the swap, we had to post what we got and who it was from. This lady (sorry to said that I don't remember her name) wrote, "I received a package in the mail today from April (me, of course) and when I open the box it smelled in heaven, and inside was the most beautiful afghan I had ever seen or had been given. She when on with details of the other things I put in and thanks to me etc. etc. but I will end forget the beginning of that email or one that followed months later. I was happy enough to know that I had made some one happy and that I was able to help some one who needed it, even if was just by keeping her legs warm while she was ill.
About 5 months later the angel group received a very sad email form the husband of the lady I had Angel Swapped to. She had passed away darning the night from a heart attack, and that she found great joy in the angel group and loved us all like family. The last part of the email was for me, he wrote saying that since the day her got my afghan, she was never without it in her lap. And the family wished to know what I wanted done with it now. I reply that it was a gift to her, and I would love it to go to some one in her family that would treasure it since it was hers as well as it was a gift from a angel friend and if no one in the family wanted to please pass it on the some one in need of it or a homeless person.
Days after that email, the lady's email address was removed from the group list, so I never learn what happened to that afghan. I hope that it found it's way into the arms of some one who was sweet and kind as the lady I give it. I shell never forget that afghan or the joy some one got from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment