Once I finished my sister's afghan I started one that I believed would be for me, it was one of them style where you would be working 2 rows down to add a new row. Around this time my niece started coming around to visit my sister (her mother) and I, she know some basic stitches and wanted to try the one I was doing. She quickly fell in love with the pattern and seeing as I wasn't thrilled with it, I let my niece do it. Leaving my open to start something new. By then I had a few crochet books, knew how to read patterns I picked a Blue Ribbon Afghan to do. It was a mix of tiny ganny squares and a huge 8 pointed star all pieced together. With over 80 ganny squares of 2" x 2" to do, I quickly learned that I HATE doing ganny squares and decided that once this one was done I would never do another ganny square in my life. It took me about 3 months to finish the Blue Ribbon Afghan,
I then started my first double yarn afghan working in hexagon pieces stitched together in Rosy colour. Around this time my sister who still sharing a home with bought her first GOOD computer and I finally talked her into getting the net in. I had managed to find and join this arch-angel email group and once or twice a year they did secret angel swaps, I joyed in the next one they had. I got a lady to send to. We had to send things that were angels and the spending limit was $20.00 dollars with a month to get them to our angel gifts out. Well for 2 weeks I couldn't find idea thing I felt good enough to send to my angel. So I email the owners of the list asking for more info on the lady. I also mention to the owners that I was making this afghan and thinking of sending it to my secret angel. They email back with info and let me know that they talked to the lady's husband, due to health issues the lady was using a wheelchair and a afghan would help for covering her legs. So i finished off my Hexagon double yarn afghan and with few other little things I send off my angel gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment