Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Crochet History

I have been crocheting for about 30 years now. I loved it from the minute that I put that first hook in my hand. I couldn't wait to learn new stitches. Althought my very first afghan took me close to 15 years to finish, that not bad for a young teenage with a life. I give that first one to my mother, it was a huge ganny square. I've done a mile-a-minute afghan, the first strip was longer then the last one and each in between was shorter then the last, that to when to my mother. I have done afghans for many of my family, my all time favor pattern to do is anything in a rippled. I get treased by the ladies in my crochet group for the love of ripples. I have done a sweater for my daughter, as well as a hat and scraf. I've done some dolls too!. But in the end I keep going back to afghans. I plan on doing a sweater for myself in the near future and can't wait to see how that turns out.

I just started my next project, it's a cirlural thrown by Mary Maxim, so far the pattern is very easy and I'm enjoying it greatly. I can be found in Facebook and in Ravely

No comments:

Post a Comment