Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A More Detailed History of My Projects Part Five

   Fash forwarding a year and half, my husband and I were now able to afford to live own our own again and my sister was ready for a place of her own. One day while my brother and his wife was visiting, my sister-in-law (crochets too) bought out her current project. It was a Pillow Doll, I fell in love with it. So a few days later my neice and I headed over to Wal-Mart so I could get one for my self. They didn't have any of the pillow doll, but I did get a Music Box Doll, I did  the doll up in a lilic purple colour. Just after I finished it, my neice (who was now stay with us for a few months with her two boys) was going to see her mom, so i send my doll with her to show my sister. When she got home that night, my sister asked if I would do one for her in black & white to match the afghan I had made her years ago. So off to my favor store (Wal-Mart) to buy the yarn and doll for my sister's doll. While I was there I noticed beads so I picked up a package of pearl like beads is sew on the dress of the doll I was doing for my sister.

In no time all I was done crocheting the dress and now sewing on the beads. The doll turned out beautifully, I was very proud of how well it turned out. With all the work that I put into this doll I could have easly charged $70.00 for this doll, but as it was for my sister I asked only $45.00. My sister had hit some money issues and couldn't pay me for the doll, so I held onto the doll for what turned out to be close to two years for her. After doing a couple more dolls for myself, I started on a new afghan, it was a ripple pattern. This pattern was the first in a long line of afghans that I would do as the ripple pattern would become my all time favor pattern in crocheting. That first rippled afghan took me just under six weeks to do. I also learnt the crochet cable stitch with this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment