After my ripple afghan was done, I seem to hit a major down in my crocheting. I rarely picked up a hook and I had no interest in crochet, so for a good two years I did little to no crochet. It was darning this time that I experience hit two lows in my life. the first was after years of trying for another baby, my husband and I were told that i would never have another. But in November of 2003 I found myself pregnant again, then in my 9th weeks I lost the baby. that a day has passed since then that I have not thought of my lost angel. Then in January of 2004 I lost my mother, two blows back to back. needles to say I took them hard, but I lived thought them and I am stronger would because of it. Then in May of 2004 due to family problems my husband, son and I moved out of Toronto and I must say that had we not, many things in our lives since may not have happened had we stayed in Toronto.
After moving to Hamilton, I tried a few times to pick up on my crocheting but still no interest. it wasn't until end of 2005 that I really start crocheting, and it was the upcoming birth of my next child that got me back to crocheting. Yes you read right, I was having a baby, my husband and I keep the baby news quiet until I was into my 20th weeks before we shared to news with everyone. While waiting the birth of the baby I crocheted a baby afghan for him/her (the baby would never let us see if it was a girl or boy) So I made a rippled baby's afghan done with strips of blue and pink and the rest in white. I finished that afghan just in time for the birth by a month. Then on July 17th, 2006 I give birth to a gorgeous baby girl who we named Nicole.
I found my love for crocheting again, after I finished Nicole's baby afghan I did a rippled afghan for my nephew then I did another for Nicole for her "Big Girl Bed" Both of them took me about two years to finish off, with Nicole's done quicker. Then just after we moved into our current home, I started and finished another ripple afghan in purple which then I have it to a friend's mother who was sick. Between these three afghans I did a sweater, scarf and hat for Nicole.
No comments:
Post a Comment